#Fit Tip 3:
Everyone talks about wanting to have a fast metabolism right?
A fast metabolism means that the energy from your food is being
burnt up at a rapid rate, leaving room for body fat to be burnt.
Here are 5 simple ways to speed yours up!
1. Don't skip meals: make sure you eat every 3-4 hours.
2. Do some interval training: you can do this with whatever exercise you like doing - just alternate short bursts of high intensity with periods of recovery. Eg. Sprint 100m, jog 90secs. This workout is extremely effective and shouldn't last for more than 20mins (but as this is an intense workout, start slow to begin with - give yourself more rest and don't exercise for as long).
3. Improve your thyroid function: eat more seafood, nuts & seeds.
4. Do some weight training: a few times a week is perfect. After weight training your metabolic rate is raised for the next 48 hours (so energy is burnt even while you're sleeping!) Also, the more muscle you have, the more energy that is burnt during the day.
5. Drink green tea: (yay!) Drinking up to 3 cups a day has been proven to reduce body fat. If you don't like green tea by itself, opt for a different flavour such as w/lemon (my favourite!), vanilla, jasmine or peach.
Try to implement just one of these tips in the next week
and your body will thank you for it!