28 June 2013


#Day 9: What is something you 
want to let your readers know?

Hello there, loyal readers!
How are you?

I hope you are enjoying this month, titled "getting to know the blogger" & am finding that you are getting to know me as a friend on a whole 'nother level. I too am enjoying a change of pace this month - being stretched and prodded to let you all in and be truly honest. This post today, is no different. 
So here we go ...

I'm not sure if any of you know, but I am suffering from Chronic fatigue syndrome, or CFS for short. What is this mystery illness you ask me? Well, even the Dr's don't fully know. But for me, it means life full of extreme tiredness, a cloudy head, fuzzy memories, headaches and sensitivity to light and sound. It means that ... for the moment, I am unable to study, work, go shopping (oh no!) or even spend long amounts of time chatting with friends.

Things have improved however, over the past four years. I have made huge health gains - so much so that I am now able to go dancing once a week! Weeee! Which is amazing because this makes me super happy! I have been taught a new appreciation for the little things I previously took for granted. Simple things such as going out, having tea with friends, or going to church are now milestones in my week and things I have to plan around doing.

The reason I'm telling you all this, is not to make you feel sad, or even sorry for my life at the moment. Through these hardships God is definitely teaching me alot. I trust that this is exactly where He wants me at the moment - at home, spending time with Him and trusting Him for the uncertain future. 

I also want to all to realise that the health of someone with CFS is unpredictable; up one minute, down the next and this can often be hard to understand. If you, or someone you know has CFS, I encourage you to take the time to really listen to them. Listen to what life is like for them right now, and try to meet them right there. 































I have had many friends come over to my house for tea on days that I'm not well enough to go out. Sometimes (actually a lot of times) they understand when I have to cancel plans because I don't even have enough energy to speak, and other times they even send me home from parties early when I'm having a good day to avoid having a 'crash' the next day. For all these things, and for all my friends, I am truly thankful.

I would love to chat more to you individually if you have any questions about CFS. I would also love to support you or someone you know as they journey through this illness.

* If you are suffering from CFS, I find the best thing is to have a buddy who totally understands what you're going through. I have been blessed with a beautiful friend to do this with, Holly, and the support she gives me surpasses anything the Dr's can ever do.


...........

I also hope this helps you understand if posts seem irregular or just a bit crazy sometimes. Thanks in advance for your understanding & kindness!

P.S I met my very first blogger friend today - Ruby!
I am so excited to get crafty with her one day!
She is creative, upbeat and gorgeous ... go check out her blog here!

2 comments:

  1. Sam, I'm learning so much about you through these blog posts! What an encouragement to read that through this, you always look at God and see how he is using this to shape you and mature you!

    Thanks for the shoutout too, it's so exciting! I will give you a shoutout in my next post for sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much Ruby! I am so glad it is encouraging to you!

    And you are most welcome! :) I hope some of my readers become some of yours too!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love ...

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images