What's Cookin' Wednesday?
|Image via juliasalbum|
* Berry Yummy Banana Bread *
3 ripe bananas (mashed), 1/3 cup melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking soda, a pinch of salt, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tbsp lemon zest (zest from 1 whole lemon), 1/2 cup strawberries (chopped),
1/2 cup blueberries.
1. Preheat over to 180C.
2. Mix mashed bananas and melted butter using a wooden fork or spoon.
3. Mix in sugar, egg and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix.
5. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients (don't over mix). Don't worry if there are lumps, they will work themselves out.
6. Add lemon zest, strawberries and blueberries to the batter and mix.
7. Line a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan with buttered baking paper or foil.
8. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 1 hour.
9. Cool on a rack, remove from pan then slice to serve.
I made this recipe for Mothers Day and boy was it a hit!
Making it the night before was a bad idea ... it didn't even last till breakfast.
This juicy, gooey bread will be a favourite in your home too!
I can assure you it will be gobbled up straight away.