* Sticky Date Pudding *
Pudding: Serves 6-8 people
1/2c (210g) pitted dates (chopped), 1c boiling water, 1tsp bicarb, 100g butter (chopped), 3/4c brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1c SRF, double thick cream (optional).
150g butter (chopped), 1c pouring cream, 1 1/2c brown sugar.
Vanilla ice cream & dates (heat in the microwave for 20secs - gooey delight!)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place dates, bicarb & boiling water in a bowl. Stand for 5mins.
3. Pour mixture into a food processor & add butter and sugar. Process 'til well combined.
4. Add eggs & flour and process 'til just combined.
5. Pour into a lightly greased 26x16cm tin lined with baking paper.
6. Bake for 30 - 35mins.
7. Cool in tin for 10mins. Cut into squares.