What's Cookin' Wednesday?
* Chilli Con Carne *
Craving comfort food on a cold winter's night?
Give this family favourite a go!
1 Tbsp Olive oil, 1 brown onion (finely chopped), 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 red capsicum (finely chopped), 500g beef mince, 1 Tbsp ground cumin, 2 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp sweet paprika, pinch of dried chilli flakes, 400g can mexe/kidney beans, 400g can tomato soup, avocado/corn chips/grated cheese/lime wedges/sour cream to serve (optional).
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add onion, capsicum & garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins till soft.
2. Add cumin, coriander, paprika & chilli. Cook for 1 min till aromatic.
3. Add mince and cook for 5 mins till colour changes (break up any lumps with a wooden spoon).
4. Add kidney beans & tomato soup. Cook for 5 mins till sauce thickens slightly.
5. Mash avocado, grate cheese and serve chilli with lime wedges, sour cream and corn chips = delish!
Everyone will love this winter warmer!
*Not a spice lover? Tweak the amount of chilli to suit your tastebuds. Simple!