#Beauty On A Budget
Why pay for something you can make yourself? Thats my motto!
If you think about it, there are so many things that can be made by simply using household items and ingredients found in the pantry ... thus, I introduce to you, #Beauty On A Budget.
Since winter starts in 2 days (yay!) I thought it would be nice to make two beauty products that would help ward off the cracks and dryness that this season is notorious for. And what part of your body gets the most affected ..? It's gotta be those lips.
Luscious Lip Scrub:
- Need: 1tsp brown sugar (exfoliation), 1tsp olive oil (rejuvenation), & 1tsp honey (hydration).
- Add brown sugar, olive oil & honey to a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly & gently apply to lips in circular motions. This will help scrub off any dead skin you may have on your lips, leaving them feeling super smooth & hydrated.
- Wash scrub off with warm water & apply moisturising lip balm to lips.
Don't have a moisturising lip balm lying around ..? Never fear!
Another DIY is here ...
- Need: 15 gm beeswax (buy online here), 1tsp honey, 8 Tbsp olive oil, & optional 20 drops extract of your choice (ie. peppermint, vanilla, orange blossom etc.)
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler. Once melted, add honey & oil, stir for 2 minutes. Add extract & stir well.
- Pour heated mixture into a small glass bowl, then distribute into small tins/tubes. Lip balm will harden upon cooling.
- Apply to lips regularly to protect yourself from the harsh winter wind. Too easy!
I hope these recipes show you how easy it is to still enjoy beauty products while being on a budget. Not only are they super quick + easy to make, and save you money, but their natural ingredients are kind to your skin.
What more could you want?
Whip 'em up and tell me what you think!